Thursday, July 11, 2013

Birthday Card

Hi everyone!  Got my chores finished!  Whoo Hoo!  So I can play for a few minutes before settling in for the evening with hubby.  Wanted to show you a card that my mom commissioned for a friend's birthday.  Mom looked through a number of images I had printed up, but not yet colored, and picked this one from A Day For Daisies entitled Fairy Flower Delivery.  The image is so lovely, but I really had no clue what direction I was going to take in creating the card.  While cleaning my craft space, I came across this paper from the Paper Studio...okay...inspiration hit!  The little flowers on the paper went so well with the little flowers in the image.  And I found the purple rose outline paper in the mess, (I mean creative disarray, lol) on the bed waiting to be put away.  In keeping with the fantasy feel of this image, I created a "doorway" into which this fairy is carrying her gathered flowers.  I added the black pearls to give the "doorway" some weight.  I debated about adding a sentiment to the front of the card, but opted not to, and instead kept the focus on the fairy and her door.


Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow with another Outlawz Fridays Alcohol Markers Challenge card!

5 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card! The colors you chose are just perfect and don't you just love finding stuff that somehow gotten hidden in your craft room?!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, those papers are so perfect to use with this image and I love the fabulous image and the colors. Your Mom is going to love this. I hear you on the creative disarray, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Tress! Love the colors and the papers are a great match with the beautiful image! Terrific coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card. Love these colors, love your image and love the papers. I have some and you have given me some great ideas for its use. I just love everything about it, especially your beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! Love, love, love those gorgeous colours and that fabulous image :) perfect!

    ReplyDelete