Friday, November 1, 2013

Outlawz Fridays Alcohol Markers Challenge - Pumpkins

Happy November 1st!  Can you believe it is already November?  For us this starts the sprint to Christmas!  I'm so excited...I adore this time of year!  And I'll be sharing more about it as the month goes by, so I won't bog you down with details today.  Welcome to the Outlawz Fridays Alcohol Markers Challenge, the theme of which this week is Celebrate Pumpkin Toss Day!



This image is a freebie from Marianne Walker's blog for Copic.  Along with freebie is a Coloring Pumpkins for Beginners Tutorial.  I remember bookmarking this tutorial back in October last year.  I am delighted to see how far my coloring has progressed since then.  Both Marianne's blog and the Copic website have some great free tutorials and tips for improving your coloring.

Once again I printed the image in brown on textured cream paper rather than in black on Copic cardstock.  I really like the softer look for Autumn cards.  The plaid paper is an old K&Company and the cut out leaves are Sandylion Essential stickers to which I added a touch of green color pencil.  Four red pearls finish the card.

Please join Carla, Dawn, Jen, Linda, Penny and me over at the Outlawz for this week's challenge!  Thanksgiving is almost here and you are running out of time to complete enough cards for all those lovely special people on your list (did I use the appropriate amount of prodding, hehe?)!

Sorry I haven't been to visit your blogs.  Still awaiting a diagnosis and prognosis on Greg's father.  Should have results of upper and lower GI later today.  If neither shows any blockage, the doctors are stumped as to the cause of his syptoms.  One moment he appears to be doing okay, the next he's out of it.  One day he can walk unassisted to the nurses station, the next he cannot.  Etc., etc.  Hopefully tomorrow will bring some news.  Thank you for leaving comments even though I am not currently returning the favor!

4 comments:

  1. I love this image and your coloring is fantastic. Beautiful work Tress and beautiful card with gorgeous layout and design. Hope you get results soon. I know it is terrible to not know what is going on. Prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you and your family are really going through the mill with your FIL's illness, aren't you? I hope you get a diagnosis ASAP!
    Love your pretty card! Great coloring of that cool image! Love the design, leaves & bling, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colouring on that image Tress! Looks good enough to frame and put on the wall as seasonal art :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete