Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday!

So, how many of you braved the elements, crowds, and early morning sleepiness to snag the great deals?  We didn't budge this year (too much turkey consumption from the day before, hehe, and I've finished my Christmas shopping other than a few odds and ends).  Today is a "chill" day for us before putting up the Christmas tree and decorating the house this weekend.  Hubby is golfing (his favorite pastime), and I'm going to attempt to finish up some Christmas cards.  So many of the ladies have posted fantastic card ideas on their blogs lately, and the inspiration is infectious!

As an homage to Black Friday, today's card uses black as an accent color.  I typically don't use black on Christmas cards, but with the little penguin and the black snowflake in the image, the black works.  The image is a FREE set from Cuddly Buddly by Kim MacFarlane.  If you haven't yet snagged this adorable set, you really should!  It's versatile and fun to play with.


P.S.  Sorry for the wonky look to one of his eyes.  They are glossed and the light caught one of them funny.

5 comments:

  1. Lovin' that layout, Tress! The great use of the papers and touch of glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card - the black really does pop with the festive colours and he;s a very cute snowman :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! I love the papers with the black matting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this is so cute Tress! I love the bit of black with this image and the pennant down the middle, beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so super cute!!! What a fabulous design and the snowman is adorable. I did not go out shopping, I worked and came straight home, lol. I didn't even find any cyber deals to tempt me, lol.

    ReplyDelete