Friday, June 15, 2012

First Card to Share

Well, I am finally taking the plunge!  Straight into the deep end!  After many months of reading others' blogs and admiring their lovely, crafty handiwork, I've decided to join the blogging world as a participant.  Oh, and I was encouraged by both Krista Smith and Mo Manning to create a blog and post pictures of my cards.  Thank you ladies!  Now maybe I'll be able to join some of the fun challenges out there in blogland.

Today's card, using the Saturated Canary image Party Hardy, is one my mother commissioned for a dear friend whose birthday is July 4th.  While Krista's images are not necessarily easy for me to color, I enjoyed the challenge and love the end result.

The papers used on this card are from We R Memory Keepers Yankee Doodles line and the banners are made from scraps of Moxie's The Red White & Blue.  The sentiment was a freebie from last year (sorry I don't recall who designed it).

14 comments:

  1. super cute. We are looking forward to seeing more. Debbie and Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgous card tress,bet the lady loved it. sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby card, beautifully coloured! Welcome to blog land.... Looking forward to your creations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - that's one of my fave SC cards! I'm fairly new to the whole blog thing too (about 6 months) and I have to say, it's pretty fun - well done for taking the plunge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creative color,cutting, and card connection..."DEE"-lightful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card , what did you color with and what colors did you use?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,

      Thank you for the kind words. I used Copic sketch markers. I didn't really keep track of all the colors, but I'll try to recall as best I can. Skin (my go to colors): R000,R00,R01,R02, and R20. Blues: B32,B34,B37,B39,B41, and B000. Reds: R22,R24,R27,R29,R39, and R14. Grays: C01,C03, and W1. Hair: E50,E51, and E31. A white gel pen was used for the dots on the blue banner and on a portion of her skirt. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  7. So glad you jumped into blogging Tress! I'm excited to see you share your creativity and talents with the world!
    Fabulous card to get the ball rolling with too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tress good on you hun! I am so pleased you jumped into bloggy land because this card is just gorgeous, I love the little pennants at the top too.
    Thank you so much for popping in and joining us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just found your blog Tress. I took the plunge and started a blog a few months ago after much encouragement from my friend and really enjoy it. Your card is lovely I wish I could colour like that. I have become a follower
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete