Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

It is said that if you don't try, you'll never succeed.  So with that thought in mind, I'm going to submit the following entry for Krista's Saturated Canary Challenge Blog's guest summer DT.  With so many fabulous card makers out there and many who have well established blogs, my chances of being given one of only two spots is slim to none, but I haven't lost anything if I don't make the grade.

This is actually not a card, but part of a set of four framed pieces I've made for my niece's birthday present (shhhh...don't tell her!).  They are mounted on white mat board and framed in black.  After I gift them to her later this month, I'll show you the remaining three.

Don't you just love the sassiness of this little lady?   I couldn't resist paper piecing her pants and adding the coordinating pink hounds-tooth to the background.  The papers are from a Recollections 6x6 multipack.


3 comments:

  1. This is FAB! LOVE!!! So pretty and I love that you can display it. That's the hardest part of making cards, you never see them agian! Thanks for the inspiration :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I checked out your blog, and you have some mad coloring and design skills! I've added a couple of your Saturated Canary images to my inspiration file. Party Hardy on kraft cardstock - I want to try that. And your Pricilla Pie from January 27th is so compelling.

      Delete
  2. This is so sassy and sweet and her pants are totally trendy! And way to go on stepping up and trying out for the DT spot, I'm wishing you all the best because I know you have the talent! :)

    ReplyDelete