Friday, June 15, 2012

TGIF and Second Card!

I so enjoy Fridays!  Not for the usual reason of a prelude to the weekend (as I am now retired), but because my husband and I have made Fridays our day to spend together...no chores, no family or friends, and limited cell phone usage.  Today we spent the day at the beach!  The water was glassy and a lovely shade of turquoise, and a light breeze kept the humidity from being oppressive.  It was a perfect day to take advantage of living so close to the Gulf.

My card is one of several I made for Father's Day.  After I made them, I had to choose one to send to my dad.  While I really like this one, it didn't make the cut this year as I sent him a BBQ themed card for his birthday a couple of months prior.  He doesn't read blogs, so I think I'll be safe in showing this card to you all and saving it for next year.

The design is Big Guy Grilling from Mo's Digital Pencil, and the papers are A Boy's Life by Echo Park.  This image reminds me of summer afternoons when Dad would get out the grill and cook us up some tasty burgers, hot dogs, and chicken...YUM!  After eating we'd play badminton, croquet (yes, people really do play that game, lol), or bean bag toss.  Good times!


3 comments:

  1. great card,fab image sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card with that super cool dad image! Love the sky background too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool guy card, the papers are perfect and that image makes me smile!
    Our family loves to play croquet in the summer too... black widow ball and I always try to make it through the course first so I can be the black widow. ;)

    ReplyDelete