Sunday, June 24, 2012

Princess Ilyse

While cleaning up my craft room, I uncovered this paper from an old Basic Grey pad titled Wisteria.  Purple is not a color I typically gravitate to, but the soft lavender and dreamy quality of the paper called out to be used in a card.  I knew the paper would make the perfect backdrop for the right image.  With her long dress, flowing hair, and demure pose, fair Princess Ilyse from Sweet November seemed like she was made for this paper.  Letting the image and paper take center stage, all I had to do was add a saying, a few butterflies, and pearls and the card was complete.  No finding coordinating papers or agonizing over item placement. This card was a joy to make!  Oh, and like many of Amy's images, Ilyse was easy peasy to cut out.  Certainly a plus for me!  Hope you all enjoy the card.


3 comments:

  1. "Me first" I get to post the first comment on this "DEE"-lightful creation. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw! This card is very pretty! You're right, that lovely princess was just made for that paper!

    (Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I adore this card Tress, talk about everything coming together to create a perfect scene for your beautifully colored princess Ilyse. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete